For immediate help, call 911
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474 or text "loveis" to 22522
New York City Domestic Violence Resources
Your local hotline can provide you with information on domestic violence and resources in your community.
Find your local hotline by calling the New York State Hotline:
New York State Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-942-6906
English & español/Multi-language Accessibility. Deaf or Hard of Hearing: 711
In NYC: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673) or dial 311 TTY: 1-866-604-5350
For a listing of domestic violence hotlines by county, go to the NYS Coalition Against Domestic Violence Website
Legal & Immigration services for survivors of domestic violence: Each of the City’s Family Justice Centers provides comprehensive immigration legal services on-site. These services are free and confidential. Survivors can also access free, safe immigration legal help by calling the ActionNYC hotline at 1-800-354-0365.
New York City Family Justice Centers: FREE and CONFIDENTIAL assistance for survivors of intimate partner violence, sex trafficking and elder abuse. FJCs welcome people of all ages, sexual orientations and gender identities, regardless of language, immigration status or income. All Centers are open Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm. No appointment necessary. Call 311 to be connected to a Family Justice Center near you.
Westchester Domestic Violence Resources
Westchester County Office for Women. Provides non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- Family Helpline/Hotline weekdays 9am – 5pm (914) 995-5972
- Weekend and after hours (914) 995-2099
- Spanish Language (White Plains) (914) 995–6581
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- US State Coalitions against Domestic Violence
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
- Financial Abuse
- Financial Savings & Debt Management
- The Ultimate Guide to Thriving As A Newly Independent Woman
- Single Parent Advocate
- How to Fix it Yourself
- The Breathe Network (Healing arts practitioners that offer sliding-scale, trauma-informed, holistic support).
- Guide for dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace
If you believe in our mission and would like to help, please click here to make a tax deductible donation. If you would like to participate in the Movement for Meaning, click here. If you would like to establish a program at your shelter or community center and you are in NY, or L.A., just click to send us a message.